Saturday, June 30, 2012

Getting Things Ready 4 Our Little Guy!

The last 2 days I have had the most annoying eye twitch! Typically this is remedied by a good ol' fashioned nap! Not so in this case. Stress? Not really stressed this week. Well...not now as I have had the last 2 days off!

This week @ work was very stressful and my first 5 day evening stretch. This will be my schedule til I take maternity leave in October! I pray I am able to do this as I have lost my vacation pay @ Nodaway and haven't been @ Pine View long enough for FMLA/sick time...all the good stuff! This baby stuff is expensive! I had almost forgotten! Luckily, I sit most of the time @ work and only a time or two have I sat on the floor to do dressings. Some things I have just had to learn the hard way that this isn't really gonna work for me anymore! Med pass is prolly the most difficult time for me cuz standing still is a back crippler!

I have almost hit week 26. I have been having regular Braxton Hicks contraction which aren't painful but enough to remind me to slow down! I am starting to think alot about the delivery. Duane and I have definitely decided that this is the only baby we will be having so I have been contemplating getting my tubes tied/c-section birth! I worry about the recovery time...oh and the pain of natural birth...its been 14 years but I will NEVER 4get!!!! Appt. with Jane on Tuesday! I have yet to gain anything which I'm feeling pretty good about since I am eating everything in site!!!! I know this can't last 4 ever though!


This week has been rough for my partner in life as well. More job complications but finally the Doc decided to do some thorough XRays on his back and neck and I think we may be trying to get disability for him in the future. Such a good man and he wants to help so bad but over and over again, he just isn't physically capable.

I got a glimpse of what he is gonna be like on delivery day last Wednesday. Another reason I am wanting a c-section if possible. I just don't think my friendly duck and his anxiety will survive the birth of our child!

This pregnancy has been so different from my other 2 because with my first 2...I was the only one that was excited. Duane is thrilled and talks/sings to the baby daily. He will be such a good Daddy and I can't wait for him to hold baby Liam.....as long as he is sitting down! LOL

Yesterday I sat and did virtually nothing on my first day off. Today I woke up and Duane and I decided to make room for baby. We are keeping baby in our room until we find a bigger apartment next year. We have also made the executive decision to start with the bassinet (which I didn't have for either of my other 2 kiddies) 1 because its smaller and 2 because a crib and bedding cost A LOT and we have so much stuff we need to get and losing my job in the middle of my pregnancy put a lot of stress on us financially but with help from both of our parents, we are getting by.

Going through all Liam's clothes and all the stuff we have bought, we had forgotten about so much of it. Gives me a sense of relief to have everything in its place now. We have alot more than I thought we did. Still have a ton of stuff to get but a little at a time...we will get there! I thank God for yard sales because I have picked up sooooo much. Brand new name brand clothes!!! LOVE IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment