Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Fall!

What a week it has been!!!

Wrapping up the end of my pregnancy...struggling to get to work everyday to make every cent I can before I take maternity leave so I don't have to worry about it while I am not working. Tuesday am, Duane and ran some errands with Mama, then went to Hyvee and loaded up on the salad bar. About an hour later I got myself ready for work. I had left my bag in the car so I was carrying my drink from Hyvee and my phone charger out to the car which is literally 3 feet from my front door. Duane was behind me with my dinner for the night. It was sunny that afternoon and I don't remember exactly what caused me to fall but none the less...down I went! Face first into the concrete! I learned later that I had stepped on a rock which caused my ankle to turn!

My first instinct...GET UP U FOOL BEFORE SOMEBODY SEES U!!! Next? OMG I just fell on the baby....HARD! Was I ok? Should I just get in the car and carry on? No! I knew I couldn't go through the day without assuring Liam was safe....nor would Duane allow it. I have NEVER seen him more scared. On the way to the hospital (which was a verrrry short drive) it started to hit me what had just happened and the wounds (my nose, my right elbow and both my knees) were starting to really burn...and bleed.

Not sure where to go...ER or OB...they got us to OB rather quickly. Seemed like forever before they hooked me to the fetal monitor. Nobody seemed to be in a hurry. I try to be patient...but they don't know my duck. He has ZERO patience especially when myself and baby are hurt! Trying to remain calm and keep him from attacking the nurse....we heard it. Liam's heartbeat. 150 she said.

BREATHE IN

BREATHE OUT

We were fine! I was ok after that. I knew he wasn't hurt...nor was he in distress. Somehow God...or one of our sweet angels cushioned our fall!

This did not calm my husband. He was still VERY upset and VERY concerned. It didn't help that I laid there for an hour and a half with 4 open wounds before someone thought it would be a good idea to dress them!
DA NOSE 


RIGHT KNEE
 
After about 4 hours, we got to go home. REALLY starting to get sore. I was up most of the night. Hard to get comfortable with baby...and a bum arm and leg. I was smart and called into work early in the am. I knew there was no hobbling out the door that day. I could hardly stand up. Knee was swollen. I was attempting to put ice, TAO and antiseptic spray...elevate it...blah blah blah. Everything seemed to make it worse.
 
Now that it has been 4 days since the incident...feeling much better but I haven't forgotten the wounds are there! LOL
 
As for Liam...I think he slept through the whole thing! Silly kid! Every time he moves around I am sooo thankful that he is doing ok! While we were @ the hospital...they did a sonogram to check fluid, placenta and baby for activity. All was good and baby is head down now which means c-section is OUT!!!
 
Crap! I was soooo getting used to the idea of the drop off delivery!!! Wasn't meant to be as Mama Brown always says! So I have been thinkin about the birth ALOT the last few days...even more than usual! Scared about the pain...scared about the epidural. Will my sweet duck survive? Will Mama survive?
 
God I hope u don't take that day off!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment