Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day b4 Induction!


The last few days have been horrible! Not horribly uncomfortable or painful. Absolutely no contractions....none that actually amount to anything at all! Every time I stand up, or laugh or do anything else out of the ordinary, I think...well maybe my water will break! NOPE!!! Not with this kid! He is gonna be like my other boy and we are gonna have to go in after him! Induction was originally scheduled for 6am tomorrow but due to "scheduling conflicts" they pushed me back to 10am! They obviously don't know how ancy I have been! Yesterday was the very worst! The kids were both home and both very hyper and Duane and I are both on edge anyway cuz we are sooooo close! I tried to lay down and take a nap several times but all I could do was think. Think about everything...and I do mean everything! I am my Mama's child! I won't be able to rest until it is all over and I am holding him in my arms and I can see that he is ok...til then, my mind wanders! Every time a baby is born perfectly healthy, its an absolute miracle that so many people take for granted. There are a ton of things that can go wrong! Duane and I went to the park yesterday (as we have done several times in the past) we sat there for a while and enjoyed the quiet and the beautiful weather. Fall is our favorite time of the year for obvious reasons. The weather is beautiful, the trees are changing colors, temp. is cooler...almost hoodie time (Duane's fave...not mine) and FOOOOOTBALL!!! After we got to the park...everything was ok. I had calmed down and could actually relax. It helps that I have an amazing husband who would do anything in the world for me and vice verse. When we are together...its like the rest of the world doesn't exist. I wish everyone had someone like that. It's so hard to find and I spent YEARS of my life with the wrong people thinking that was "as good as it gets". I know now that it was God's way of teaching me to appreciate what I have when the right one does come along...and I do. I really really do!
 
I'm sure today will drag on and on because anytime I'm looking fwd to something that's the way it works. However, Mama's saying "things always look bigger coming up than looking back" prolly won't come into play here! Ha!
 
I have had my bags packed for months and keep throwing things into them. Mama has her bag packed. I pray she gets through this ok. She has been soooo nervous and looks like she wants to cry every time she sees me. Neither of the kids have expressed a desire to even be at the hospital so I am sending them to school like a normal day. Hoping by the time they get out that they will have a new little brother!
 
It is going to be SUCH a lifestyle change for the whole family and I pray that everyone adjusts well. I am sure Mama will be spending some extra time @ our house which is fine with me...she's all I have left and Duane LOVES her to death and FINALLY my Mama loves him too! I have never dated a guy Mama has even liked before my Ducky...but he's pretty hard to NOT love!
 
Yesterday am we went to 3 yard sales. No we didn't really have the money but ya never know what you are gonna find @ a sale! The last sale we went to had a big table of baby clothes (BOY BABY CLOTHES). Duane started throwing them into a pile. NB clothes are sooooo hard to pass up cuz they are so tiny and adorable to say the least. But the most exciting for both of us was the huge table of Mizzou and Chiefs t-shirts (long sleeve and short) and hoodies! Duane grabbed one hoodie and went to the check out but that's my restless duck! He doesn't really know how to work a yard sale. He's had some training but still needs work! In the end...we had about 20 shirts...all in great condition for $1 a piece??? HELLO FRIENDS!!!!!  Once we got home, Duane washed them (he is my new laundry guy....which I will be saddened to terminate once baby arrives) and then we sorted them.
 
HAPPY WHITHAMS!!!!
 
Been trying to keep the house cleaned and food in the house for the few days I won't be home but today...I give up! It's my last day to rest...and I'm gonna do it!!! Today is my favorite day of the week....CHIEFS GAME DAY! Gawsh I hope we look better than we did last week! We won against Drew Brees and the Saints last week but I didn't even care cuz Matty looked bloody awful and Dex got hurt....luckily not as bad as it looked but was replayed a million times that day!
 
The next time I post....I will have pictures! LOTS of pictures!!!! Til then...pray for me. Immma gonna need all the prayer I can get!! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment