Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's A......Boy?????

Yesterday was our Ultrasound that we had been patiently (not so much) been waiting for. I was nervous because my biggest fear was that she wouldn't be able to tell what the sex was! Duane was almost to the point of having a panic attack! I made sure my bladder was ULTRA full because I wanted to be sure she had a clear view.

We got there a little early because I was hoping to get in a little early! We waited maybe 5 minutes. The girl was very nice and professional and we both settled down pretty quickly when we saw her! She was able to see the sex almost immediately! She thought she saw something then no then yes definitely. WE HAVE A BOY!!! My first thought was NO! I was having a girl. I was certain! Almost everyone was. This had to be a mistake! I almost cried. Then as I laid there looking @ our little baby Liam Austin Whitham, I reminded myself that this was God's gift to us. He knew we were only having one more child and this was what he wanted us to have.

She gave us several pictures to take home. I was expecting 1!!! As we pulled into my Mom's driveway to tell her the news, Duane was on the phone with his Mom. She was so excited as was his entire family. It's soooo nice to have support with this baby! When I got inside...Mom had been expecting me. I showed her the pictures and she began to cry. (which is what my Mama does LOL) She then went out and hugged Duane and told him congrats!

Duane and I both always wanted little Emma and he adjusted to the news of a boy better than I did. I'm still adjusting but warming up to the idea!!

We also learned that we were alot further along than expected. She bumped us up almost 3 weeks with a new due date of OCTOBER 3RD!!!! I am almost in my 6th month!!! Now...if Duane could find a job so I can draw unemployment? THAT would most certainly be the blessing I have been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment