Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year. New Me.


I have been gearing up for this for quite some time. I have not dieted or even felt like it since the passing of my Mom in October of 2014. In that period of time, I gained 20 pounds, all from stress. I have always always always been a stress eater.

Learning to live without the only person who has been there for me since the first time I opened my eyes has been awful. I didn't care how fat I was. I didn't care what I was eating. I didn't care if I spent my time off on the couch. As 2016 came to an end (and it was a dooozy) I knew there were several things that I wanted to be different in 2017. (2017 Goals....coming soon).

 I have several things on this list but somewhere towards the top is not so much losing weight but living healthier altogether. I owe it to my family. I lost my entire family before I turned 40. (possibly why my Mom's loss hit me so hard) My husband and I decided to have a child late in life and more than anything I want to see him grow up, get married and have children of his own. I want to be able to go shopping in the same store with my daughter and find clothes that will actually fit ME.

At age 41, I have been on numerous diets. Some of them worked, I have actually lost 20-30 pounds...then I get comfortable and it all comes back.

NEW GOALS I HAVE SET FOR MYSELF 2 SUCCEED

  • Water. God knows I hate water and this was always one of those things that I was lax on. (it can't be that important I told myself.....IT IS!)
  • Protein. I never really paid a lot of attention to nutrients but as a nurse I know they are super important. Protein fuels the body. 
  • Eat more fruits and vegetables. I don't buy veggies often because Duane doesn't eat them. (I love them!
  • Cardio. This may be the hardest thing for me. When I come home from work, I am dead dog tired and it's so easy to go to the couch! I have a treadmill...USE IT! I get bored with the same thing and I have found numerous videos on You Tube that I can cast to my TV. (Pretty excited about these)
  • Sleep. Get 8 hours a night. If I am tired, I'm not gonna wanna workout!
  • MOVE...as much as I can. This is so hard for me because the older I get, the less energy I have.
  • Find a weight loss buddy and BE ACCOUNTABLE!
  • Small goals (i.e. I want to lose 20 pounds by March 1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment