Saturday, October 15, 2016

FINALLY the weekend!!!!

This week seemed to be never ending. Our babysitter's little boy has been sick so I have had to swap days for evening and Duane has been working early mornings all week. Which means I get to bed at midnight and up at 7! BLAH!

Oh well I can sleep when I'm dead right?

Oh how I love Fall! I love everything about it. Everything. The cooler weather, the changing leaves, pumpkin EVERYTHING. But with the first signs of fall, I have to teach myself to say goodbye to our flip flops. My schedule is crazy and its just so easy to throw our flops on and go! (Especially with a toddler!)

My favorite part of October??? Halloween!! (of course) Quite possibly my favorite holiday but it's a toss up because I do love Christmas. Mama always made Christmas special. I had such an amazing family growing up. So very blessed. Tomorrow marks the 2 year mark that I lost Mom. This week has especially been hard. Facebook has a "Time Hop" which I typically love but not this week. I have tried to just avoid it. It is my personal weakness and always will be. 2 years? Really? I remember every single day of that last week, and the days that followed. Nobody ever plans on losing their parents. I mean, they know it will happen one day but there is nothing to prepare your soul for losing someone you have known your entire life.

All of my friends and family were so good to me and I will never ever forget that but that is the only good thing I have to say about that period in my life. I miss her every single day.

Fly high Mama!

BACK 2 MY LOVE FOR HALLOWEEN!!!

This is the first year that Liam has actually been old enough to understand my excitement of the holidays and want to participate too! He has decided to be a Ninja Turtle (Michaelangelo). Daddy is just excited he is not Doc McStuffin or Peppa Pig. My baby boy likes girl stuff...and that is fine with me!

This week we finally painted our pumpkins. Liam's appeared a little caved in on one side but he was just happy that he got to paint! I am on this Jack Skellington kick so of course that is the direction I went. Liam? Well we had aimed at doing polka dots....but it turned into SO MUCH MORE!






Meet Frank! Liam loves him!

No comments:

Post a Comment