Sunday, October 28, 2012

A New Routine!

It's been 5 weeks since I took my leave from work. It seems like its been 1!!! Tomorrow my favorite little man in the world will be 1 month old??? How does this happen? Why does time go so fast? Something about a new life that makes you appreciate life's little things.
1st Month In Review


Duane and I have gotten a routine and we take turns with 1st and 2nd shift! I LONG for the 2nd shift cuz it seems like those are the only nights when I get a really good night of sleep but sometimes it just doesn't even seem to matter. He still has good nights and bad nights. Last night was a wonderful night. I slept almost 7 hours straight! Pretty sure that hasn't happened in the last month!

That fear of a newborn baby is gone now. We are both very comfortable now. We know the difference in his cries. We know when he doesn't feel good. Tomorrow I have my follow up appointment with Jane. I am less than excited but its a step I have 2 take 2 get released 4 work. If I am released I should be heading back 2 work Tuesday. If Im not...I will have another week off I spec. I think Im ready 2 go back. Of course I will miss the baby, and having all the freedom of being home all the time but money is essential to survival and Christmas?? Good grief..that's coming our way too!

My older kids have their own lives and I haven't gotten to see them much in the time I have been off. Andy seems to be dipping back into some old habits that I have tried for years to stear him clear of but @ 17...I am done trying. He is old enough 2 know better. He has seen the consequences. I am only one person and can't live his life for him. My little lady (the only one I will ever have...thank God I have ONE) has been in "teenager land" since the beginning of the school year. She is with her best friend every day. Seriously...every day. She is growing up really fast but I still see alot of innocence that I hope she doesn't lose anytime soon.

I have wanted to capture a family photo for a very long time....ok since Liam was born but Andy is never here and if he is here...Kate is gone! My love for photography has returned and if I had the time and money I would love to take a class to get better at it. I have my eyes on this beauty that I think I will purchase @ income tax time!


Canon Powershot G-15....YES PLEASE!!!


 
A huge step up from the current Canon Powershot I have but a girl can dream right?

Also...the food!

We have been eating like Kings and Queens! I have had some time to actually cook some of the goodies I have been pinning for months. Last night I made this.....

Chicken Spaghetti

AND 4 Dessert?????

Pumpkin Bars


Needless 2 say....both were AMAZING!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment